As Head of Department in Regional Development Pia Lange Christensen's primary areas of responsibility are Culture, Tourism, Energy (green & renewable), Bio Economy, Circular Economy as well as Food (R&D, Food Knowledge and Export). It is her responsibility to optimise the conditions in which to develop sustainable solutions as well as culture and leisure economy within Central Denmark Region.
In her department, the staff works together on a number of regional, national and international projects creating growth in Central Denmark Region and beyond. Regional Development heads a collaboration between trade & industry, municipalities, educational institutions and the region, planning and contributing to the optimal development of the region.
- 2017 – Copenhagen Business School – Executive Board Leadership Education
- 2010-2015 – Arhus School of Business & Social Science – Leadership Diploma Programme
- 1997-2001 – Danish School of Media & Journalism – Journalist
- August 2013 to February 2017 – TV MIDTVEST (Regional Television Channel) – Managing Editor
- February 2011 to July 2013 – Danmarks Radio (Channel One Denmark) – Managing Editor of Regional Television