Education and training
- 1975 Abitur (German university entrance qualifications), Leibniz-Gymnasium, Essen
- 1975-1976 Community service
- 1976-1978 Training as a nurse at the Krupp-von-Bohlen und Halbach Hospital, Essen
- 1979-1984 Study of Land-use Planning/Urban Development at the University Dortmund, graduating with a degree in engineering. Focal subjects: Economic questions, planning/energy industry law. Dissertation: "Planning Large Industrial Projects" (analysis of utility value)
- 1984-1986 Internship: "Urban development" with the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. State Examination: Building Assessor
- 1986-1989 Head of the Regional Planning Section of the District Government of Düsseldorf. Main project: Securing waste disposal sites in compliance with planning law
- 1989-1994 Personal aide and press spokesman for Government President Dr. Fritz Behrens
- 1994-1998 Ministry of Construction of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Head of the section for Cabinet, State Parliament, Bundestag and Bundesrat Affairs
- Head of the Europe section
- Head of the sub-department "Europe, Companies with a State Holding, Organisation and Further Training"
- 1998-now Ministry of Economic Affairs of North Rhine-Westphalia
- 1998-2000 - Head of the office of Minister Peer Steinbrück (Strategy, cabinet, State Parliament, Bundestag and Bundesrat Affairs, press, public relations)
- 2000-2005 - Head of Department "Industry and Technology Policy, Foreign Trade"
- 2005-now - Head of Department "State Economic Policy, Digitalization, Industry, Service Sector, Lead Markets"